Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Liebster Award!

Y'all I was nominated for an award!! The lovely Melissa over at Simply Sweet Melissa nominated me for the Leibster Award. This award highlights new blogs with less than 200 followers. Melissa thank you so much for nominating me, you are too sweet! Launching a blog has been a dream of mine for a while but I always let fear of failing prevent me from starting one. If you ever need a pep-talk about not letting fear stand in your way, head on over to Lara Casey's blog {here}! 

After finding Melissa's gorgeously designed blog and reading her post about learning to not compare herself to other bloggers {here}, I knew I needed to stop comparing my blog to others as well.

Hi y'all! I'm Morgan, I'd love for you to follow along my journey of finding new things to love in life :)

Rules
{one} Thank the blogger who nominated you.
{two} Answer the 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you.
{three} Nominate 11 bloggers and give them questions to answer.

Melissa's Questions for Me
{one} What is your favorite childhood book?
I have always loved to read. It is something I wish I had more time to do now! Growing up my favorite book was either The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein or Love You Forever by Robert Munsch.

{two} How would you describe your style?
My style is preppy. I love all things monogram and am obsessed with stripes at the moment. I'm more of a flats or riding boots girl over heels and I love cozy layers!

{three} What is your favorite season (Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall)?
My favorite season is fall by far. I love the cooler transition of summer to fall and how it's the start of football season!! Fall leaves... bonfires... hot chocolate... boots... vests... and so much more. Also getting new school supplies was also something I enjoyed growing up... yes nerd status haha

{four} What is the one piece of jewelry you cannot live without?
My sterling silver monogram oval ring from my Aunt Lynn. My Aunt gave all her nieces these rings when we graduated high school!

{five} What is your favorite color?
My favorite color tends to change with the season but currently it is a light yellow :)

{six} What is something you have never done but want to do?
I have always wanted to visit Europe. I wasn't able to study abroad in undergrad and hope to possibly backpack Europe after I graduate in May!

{seven} What is something that people misinterpret about you?  
I am an animal science major but I do not want to be a veterinarian. The question of vet school is a common one because of my major. I chose against the vet school route my sophomore year at NC State and rather than changing my major, I added a communications minor!
I wish I could say I know what I want to be when I grow up since I graduate in May but I can't. Being a planner, that is a hard thing to say but I know The Lord knows the plans for my life so I am not afraid! 

{eight} What kind of blogs do you enjoy reading?
I really enjoy reading wedding industry blogs but also lifestyle blogs!

{nine} Do you have any favorite hair or makeup products?
Gosh, I am lucky when I have a good hair day. My usual hair style is all natural down or in a loose French braid. I'm pretty low maintenance!

{ten} What is your workout routine (if you have one)?
I have been majorly slacking lately in this category with my senior year in full swing. In the rare chance that I do have time, I really enjoy biking or walking around a lake trail here in Raleigh... I just love being outdoors!

{eleven} Do you have any blogging advice for those who are having a hard time getting started?
Try not to compare your blog to the established blogs you see! Everyone has to start somewhere, might as well start now. I designed my blog myself but there are also so many customizable options available for purchase!

I Nominate the Following:

Katie at Midwestern Charm
Chesson at A Southern Twenty-Five
Mackenzie at Bell Bliss
Emily at Dixie on my Mind
Victoria at Happily Ever Strader
Jenna at Just a Southern Girl in Pearls
Taylor Rae at Something Turquoise
Taylor at Tattered to Taylored
Lauren at Peach State of Mind
Andrea at A Thrifty Shopaholic
Kaysie at A Day of K

My Questions for Y'all:
{one}What made you start blogging?
{two}What blog do you visit/read the most?
{three}What did you used to want to be you "grew up?"
{four}What is your favorite holiday tradition?
{five}Where is your favorite place to shop?
{six}What is your favorite rainy day movie?
{seven}Where is somewhere you have always wanted to visit?
{eight}What or who inspires you the most?
{nine}Dog or cat?
{ten}If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
{eleven}What is your absolute dream job?

Can't wait to learn more about other new bloggers!

4 comments:

  1. I loved reading your answers from the questions! You are so precious and continue with this blog of yours! I love checking it out and seeing what you are up too pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are the absolute sweetest!! Thank you so much for being such an encouragement :) if you are ever back in Raleigh let me know :)

      Delete
  2. I just discovered your blog, and you are too sweet!
    Loved reading this to get to know you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soooo much for this! You are seriously the sweetest! Enjoy your Halloween, friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete