Thursday, January 30, 2014

Once: A Musical


My sister and I went to see Once last week at the Durham Performing Arts Center and let's just say... it was breathtaking, mesmerizing, incredible, and goose-bump-inducing! This was the musical Emily and I wanted to go see during our New York City trip back in October. But unfortunately, we did not get to the theater early enough to get the affordable tickets.

As soon as I saw a DPAC commercial for the Off-Broadway tour of Once, I knew I had to go see it! Luckily, since there are three large Universities in the area DPAC offers an amazing deal for student tickets! Yes, the seats are in the back row but hey, getting Broadway tickets for under $30? Well that is perfect on my college budget! So my sister and I ended up getting two tickets for a Thursday night show!

Needless to say, I LOVE musicals and Once is the epitome of just that. Y'all.... the music, oh the music was just incredible! I loved that the focus of the entire show was the music. There was only one set and the company was the orchestra. Going to Ireland has always been a dream of mine but study abroad trips never worked out. But this musical took me there for the two hours of the show! The Irish accents, music, and pub setting was perfect, it even made Taylor and I just about forget that we were in the back row!
Have I said how amazing the music was yet? Well just in case you need a little incentive to look up where you can go see Once, I added two of my favorite songs to this post! They still give me goosebumps when I watch them.

And it just so happens that the main girl in Once, Cristin Milioti, is Ted's wife in How I Met Your Mother!! 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment