Friday, January 03, 2014

January Goals

2014, goodness gracious I can not believe it is 2014! This year holds many big changes for my life and as a girl who is not to fond of change that is quite scary. I learned many things in 2013 and one of the most important things I learned was to not try to plan out my future. I know only one person knows the future and I know I am safe in His arms. Before I get into my January goals (2014 goals are in the making), I want to look back on my December Goals.

December Goals:
Design the family Christmas Card this is one of my favorite things! I love paper and sending handwritten mail to family and friends
Practice my calligraphy  calligraphy is very challenging but I am working on practicing for a little while each day
Get a present for an Angel Tree child  my roommate Emily and I got a sweet angel a beautiful Belle princess dress
Build a gingerbread house {or barn}  attended the Southern Weddings gingerbread barn building competition with my roommates see our creation here
Wrap Christmas presents beautifully {no rushing!} as usual ran out of time... maybe next year!
Join Lara for Present December I intend on keeping this going!
Practice Adobe Creative Cloud Programs I am learning my way around Indesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Muse, and Illustrator
Buy or make 5 darling ornaments to give away  I loved doing this! see the lovely ornament I made here
Slowwwdown, spend meaningful time in the Word I still need to set aside time daily in the word. Wanting to start my day with a candle burning, coffee or tea in hand, journal writing, and bible reading!
Begin to work on my new website design I am SO excited about this! A domain has been purchased and I will start sharing sneak peaks soon
Start working through Lara Casey's PowerSheets  I began my PowerSheet journey on December 29, 2013 and PHEW it is kicking my tail into shape! I am so excited about digging deep in this journey and facing my fears head on.
Buy a stranger Starbucks  This was so much fun! I loved the sneakiness of surprising the family in the minivan behind me that their drinks were taken care of by a stranger!
Craft...something! & post a how to  I made and ornament! See how you can too here
Drive around neighborhoods to see Christmas lights  My family did one better! We drove around James Island Holiday Festival of Lights in Charleston, South Carolina. It was absolutely incredible... I highly recommend this light show and the fireworks on New Years Eve!
Coffee or Cupcake dates with friends over finals week  This goal was a favorite of mine. I loved the sweet time I had with two of my best friends to take a second, slow down and be present in each others lives. You can read about it here

Phew, What a month! Now that January is here and a bright, shiny New Year is in front of us, it makes goals that much more exciting. While my 2014 goals are in production, I will leave you with my goals for January!

January Goals
continue working on my personal goals for 2014
be completely transparent and honest while working through my set of PowerSheets
begin working on some lovely paper products
keep practicing Adobe programs
work on my new website, YAY!
DAILY quiet time in The Word and my journal
dance around my room to music daily
go on more friend dates
SIMPLIFY
volunteer and serve at a local charity
continue to BE PRESENT

Happy January friends, I would love to hear some of your goals! May this month be the beginning of a great year :)
post signature

1 comment: