Friday, January 17, 2014

Be Still and Know

I am so excited to show y'all something I have been working on! I love paper products and I love pretty calligraphy/handwriting on that paper. I am in the process of making prints about what matters most, re-branding into Morgan Alexandra, buying a web domain (yayy no more .blogspot soon!) and opening an etsy shop!! It seemed suiting that the first print I made would go to my mom. A crisp white sheet of card stock with the words"be still" flowing across in calligraphy ink. "Be still" is the beginning of a verse that is oh SO powerful.

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

I LOVE this verse and it calls us to do just that...to be STILL. How often are we really truly STILL in our lives? Still meaning no social media, no TV, and no worrisome thoughts. Just being still with the bible and our journals to let it all go. I can honestly say, I am not still as often as I need to be. I am notorious for constantly going over situations or plans in my head. Being honest here friends... my prayers sometimes end with me becoming distracted and thinking about something that happened that day or something I should have done differently. Anyone else with me?
This second part of this verse really resonates in my life right now. "Be still, AND KNOW that I am God." He is there for us friends! We can't take on the world by ourselves, we need him. We need to trust him. (On a side note, isn't my mom the cutest!!) 

I have not been posting on this lovely little blog as consistently as I would like. I have been struggling with comparing myself to other bloggers. But I am set apart, I am one of a kind, and I have decided to focus wholeheartedly on my 2014 goal setting process and am really trying to BE STILL and know that HE is God and that he has the perfect path for me and the new found love blog!

Just being real sweet friends! If you are interested in custom prints please comment or send me an email :) I hope everyone has a relaxing-blessed-fun weekend!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I adore that verse! It is so short but so powerful, and being still is something that I'm sure none of us do enough of these days. Can't wait to follow along on all your new adventures - have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete