Friday, August 30, 2013

Five on Friday

Made it to another Friday! I don't know about you but I am so thankful that this weekend is a long holiday weekend. My first full week of senior year is complete and I am SWAMPED with work... I already feel like I am playing catch-up! Here are my 5...
{one} It's college football time y'all! I have loved college football since I was a little girl but I didn't always cheer for the NC State Wolfpack. I also cheer for the Georgia Bulldogs. I looked up to an older girl, Brooke, who was an assistant coach for a team I swam on. She is a UGA legacy so naturally she loves the bulldawgs. I wanted to be just like Brooke so I began learning everything about Georgia and started attending games in Athens. As I got older, I learned more about the university and it's programs and I decided that was where I wanted to go to college. Unfortunately out-of-state tuition is super pricey and I was not able to attend but I will forever be a bulldawg at heart... Luckily NC State and UGA are the same colors!!

{two} My sister lives five minutes away from me! For the first time in three years Taylor and I are living in the same city. We see each other after work, after class or whenever... it's something we weren't able to do when she was swimming for GWU and I was here at State. She is my big sister, best friend and someone I have always looked up to... I am excited for this year together! :)
{three} This is one of my favorite quotes by the lovely Emily Ley. She creates the beautiful Simplified Planners and also works with Lara Casey. This is a phrase I try to write in my planner daily. I am notorious for trying to make things perfect but it's not always obtainable. However, grace is.
{four}Very Jane daily deals... this site is amazing! Everyday the deals change and new products are posted, all at great prices. They use different boutiques so the products vary day by day... If you are looking for boutique style but prefer outlet prices this is the place to go!
{five}I interned this summer with the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration in Beaufort, NC. It was such an amazing experience living in a beach community! These are a few of my favorite pictures of North Carolina's charming coast.
Pivers Island

Beaufort, North Carolina
 Safe Haven House Southport, North Carolina

Yacht Basin Southport, North Carolina

Rachel Carson Reserve

Beaufort, North Carolina

Fort Macon Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Dropping in from Five on Friday Link Up! I'm from the East Coast of Canada and I've always wanted to travel to the southern US. Your pictures from Beaufort are gorgeous! Looking forward to reading more of your blog! :)

    Donna
    graceandgaloshes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) If you every get the opportunity be sure to visit North Carolina's coast, we have plenty of charming coastal towns!

      Delete